I HAVE NOT BLOGGED IN TWO MONTHS.
Between final exams, graduation and packing up my life, I never got to tell you all how my dating fast ended. Well, the short answer is that it didn’t.
True, I finished Becker’s book, did all the exercises and reflections and learned a great deal about myself in the process. But like the story of Jesus and his apostles, my dating fast didn’t end with the Resurrection of our Lord. I still have a long way to go in my walk with Christ, as does everyone else; anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. I’m not perfect. I still have many wounds that need healing. I’m still a hopeless romantic and there are times that I get impatient or anxious to be in a relationship. But God has blessed me abundantly in the past two months with friends, fellowship, peace and academic success.
In a sort of catch-up post, I’ll share a few of those blessings here:
1. My school’s second annual Beautiful Women of God retreat, which I helped to plan. I also got to talk about my dating fast experiences and share my testimony with 50 other women, including one of my best friends from high school, who was visiting for the weekend!
2. Solidified post-graduation plans. More on those to come later!
3. A wonderful 22nd birthday, despite it being so close to finals. Celebrating with my roommates and newspaper ed board, and the countless birthday messages from my family and friends. Thank you from my heart.
4. A fantastic senior week with friends I didn’t even know I had, which included a wine tour, jumping in the fountains on campus (a tradition at my school) and senior formal, to which I wore a dreamy pink gown that I paid 40 bucks for at a thrift shop.
5. Getting to cut off 12 inches of my hair to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, an organization that makes wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer. For more information on donating, please visit their website.
6. Fruitful conversations with family members, friends, classmates, campus ministers, host family and most importantly, with Jesus. 🙂
7. A new laptop, which I am currently using to type this post. I’m officially an Apple convert. Thanks, Mom and Dad!
8. Graduating cum laude and getting all A’s and A-minuses for my final semester of college! God is SO good, all the time.
9. Spending graduation weekend with my four favorite people in the world: my parents, sister and grandma.
10. The new chapter of my life that begins tomorrow, as I head off to Philadelphia for training, and then to Florida for my summer internship. I won’t give away too many specifics because this is the internet and people are crazy.
BONUS 11: You, reading this blog right now. You are a blessing to me, whether you have followed this journey from the beginning, or have just started. Merci mille fois!
What have been some blessings in your life lately? Share them in the comments below!
One thought on “Sweet Endings: My Lenten Dating Fast Wrap-Up”
A) You are a truly beautiful person.
B) 40 bucks for that dress are you KIDDING?! That’s freaking amazing and you looked like a MILLION bucks.
C) So many congratulations to you, lovely. You should be so very proud of all your amazing accomplishments–I can’t wait to see where life takes you next!! ❤